Amadan

Inherent Vice
Thomas Pynchon, Ron McLarty
The Best Horror of the Year Volume Five
Ellen Datlow, Laird Barron, Conrad Williams, Ramsey Campbell
Locus Solus (Alma Classics)
Raymond Roussel
Blackout (Newsflesh Trilogy, #3)
Mira Grant, Paula Christensen, Michael Goldstrom
Tales Of Time And Space - Harvey Kidder, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert Silverberg, Jack Finney, Poul Anderson, Fredric Brown, Keith Laumer, William Campbell Gault, Ross R. Olney, Larry Sternig It's pretty iffy rating a book I have not read since I was about 12, but I'm trying to go through my (physical) shelves and catalog all the books I own but haven't yet put on Goodreads, 'cause I'm compulsive that way. Anyway, this book was given to me as a Christmas or birthday present, I think. It's a collection of short stories by several well-known SF authors (though some of them I do not recognize - who's Fredric Brown? I'm sure there are Fredric Brown fans out there who will be aghast at my ignorance of sci-fi history). This is basically a children's book, meaning the stories were selected to appeal to younger SF readers. (Let's face it: boys. It's very much boys' fiction, from what I remember, which is not to say that girls won't like it, just that this is kind of filling the "Heinlein juveniles" niche.)

Anyway, I only dimly remember a couple of the stories, but I know 12-year-old me liked it very much. It is sitting there on my bookshelf waiting for me to reread it again someday, sad that I never had kids to pass it on to.